Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) is a well-founded therapeutic option for the treatment of a variety of hematologic malignancies and a number of non-malignant diseases.41
Different clinical strategies are being evaluated to engineer stem cell grafts for different purposes based on Miltenyi Biotec technologies and clinical grade antibodies for different epitopes.
Clinical research in graft manipulation include the
The CliniMACS® System
- depletion of T and B cells in order to prevent severe graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) and post-transplant lymphoproliferative diseases (PTLPD) in allogeneic transplantation,
- depletion of autoreactive T and B cells in autologous transplantation for autoimmune diseases,
- removal of contaminating tumor cells from a graft in autologous transplantation.
- the passive depletion of T and B cells by CD34+ or CD133+ cell enrichment, or
- the direct depletion of T and B cells by combined CD3/CD19 or TCRα/β/CD19 depletion.