Are you fascinated by the molecular engineering of immune cells and translating this knowledge to the clinic? Do you thoroughly enjoy learning advanced cellular analytics, and creating clinic-ready applications? If so, come and join us as a…
Lentigen - Translational Science Associate - Gaithersburg, MD
As a member of the Lentigen Technology Implementation Science Team, you will have the exciting opportunity to play a key, hands-on role in the implementation of T cell, NK cell, and stem cell transduction protocols. More specifically, you will use Lentigen’s expertise in lentiviral vector technology to engineer therapeutic populations of immune cells, for example by the introduction chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Transduced cell populations will be produced in the Miltenyi CliniMACS Prodigy®, and analyzed for effector function using state-of-the-art analytics developed by our parent company Miltenyi Biotec, GmbH. research. This position will also require you to travel for a week each month (25-30% of your time), to leading clinical centers and demonstrate our methods of producing engineered cellular populations. In this way, you will play a key role in advancing cellular therapy for the treatment of cancer and other genetic diseases.
- You hold a Ph.D. or M.S. degree in molecular biology, immunology, or virology and have two years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You are familiar with the selection, culture, and analysis of immune cell subsets.
- You possess a good level of familiarity with standard molecular biology techniques, the production and analysis of lentiviral gene vectors, and quantitative PCR.
- You have experience with chimeric antigen receptors, and understand their relevance to cancer therapy. Familiarity with general cancer biology is also highly desired.
- You enjoy perfecting protocols, learning new technology, and "getting it right."
- You possess excellent communication skills and can interact in a positive and respectful way with our clinical research partners.
- You are willing to travel approximately one week a month, in response to client needs.
- You are able to work alongside Miltenyi clinical sales team members and insure seamless communication between the clinical needs of the client, Miltenyi's advanced product offerings, and the gene vectors developed at Lentigen Technology.
- You enjoy collaborating alongside a motivated team in order to achieve company goals
Lentigen Technology Inc., a Miltenyi Biotec company, is transforming and progressing. Our culture is one of bold scientific innovation. Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
At Lentigen, we support the development and commercialization of novel treatments for human disease through the utilization of Lentiviral Vectors. We hold this widely recognized and clinically relevant method for delivering genetic materials into cells in order to modulate their function as core strength of our company. We are scientists, engineers, physicians, support specialists, and more – all dedicated to improving scientific understanding and impacting human lives. At our Gaithersburg campus we strive to find solutions to both the technical and conceptual barriers to the implementation of gene therapy approaches for the treatment of human disease.
Miltenyi Biotec, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability