Are you fascinated by the molecular engineering of lentiviral vectors and the immune system? Do you thoroughly enjoy designing experiments and analyzing your results? If so, come and join us as an…
Lentigen - Research and Development Scientist - Gaithersburg, MD
As a member of the Lentigen Technology Research and Development team, you will have the exciting opportunity to play a key, hands-on role within the functional area of molecular/synthetic biology and immunology as it relates to the creation of lentiviral gene vectors. More specifically, you will use Lentigen’s expertise in lentiviral vector technology to analyze LV functions, as modified by the transduction on the biology of immune effector cells, stem cells, and immortalized cell lines. Furthermore, the unique duties of this position will allow you to master state of the art research and development techniques in molecular biology, lentiviral technology, and immunology to make valuable contributions in keeping Lentigen Technologies, Inc. at the cutting edge of biomedical research.
- You hold a Ph. D. or M.S. degree in molecular biology, immunology, or virology and have at least two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You are proficient in isolation and culture of primary cells, multicolor flow cytometry and cell-based assays.
- You possess a good level of familiarity with state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques, the production and analysis of gene vectors, and analytical methodology including cell based assays, qPCR, ELISA and SDS-PAGE/Western blot.
- You have experience in isolating hematopoietic lineage cells.
- You enjoy collaborating alongside a motivated team in order to achieve company goals.
Lentigen Technology Inc., a Miltenyi Biotec company, is transforming and progressing. Our culture is one of bold scientific innovation. Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
At Lentigen, we support the development and commercialization of novel treatments for human disease through the utilization of lentiviral vectors. We hold this widely recognized and clinically relevant method for delivering genetic materials into cells in order to modulate their function as core strength of our company. We are scientists, engineers, physicians, support specialists, and more – all dedicated to improving scientific understanding and impacting human lives. At our Gaithersburg campus we strive to find solutions to both the technical and conceptual barriers to the implementation of gene therapy approaches for the treatment of human disease.
Miltenyi Biotec, Inc. is an EO Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability